Friday, October 9, 2009

Porch_new project

My next project will be the porch. Living in a typical double storey doesn't give you much outside space. Just for parking 1 car and tiny rectangle space with soil in case the owner wants to do some gardening. I love plants and always dream to have a green space filled with flowers & plants, and typical landscape of a garden i.e water feature, sitting area and BBQ pit.
I thought those are not achievable at first (since i live in a 20x75, not a bungalow lot), but as i surfing the internet, I started to think differently. I saw pictures of real houseowners living in double storeys but still can create a beautiful green space. Wow! I was really impressed and beginning to think it's possible. I just need to be creative and stopped admiring LAMAN's (the magazine. Mostly are gardens from corner lots/bungalow/semi d with ample gardening space)....Yes, i was looking the wrong way and thought gardens are only for the rich...:)...
This project is rather new to me that i will have to do a great deal of research first. I surfed, read and surveying nurseries to get a rough estimate how much i will need to spend. Sungai Buloh was visited for the 1st time last Sunday with mom, SIL and auntie. Very inspiring and did give my survey some direction.
Budget I will not spend a lot on this project. Total renovation so far + the house price is almost equal = market price. Based on that, i only have about 5k max to do major improvement. That include changing doors, installing tiles, wood swings and water feature.
Maintenance It only seems possible since i do have a maid now who is a 'green finger'. At least i need not to worry about the 'garden maintenance' part. But i should havea simple garden design so it won't be troublesome for me once my maid is no longer with us.
Theme Hmmm.... Mix and match? Simple but feminine? Practical & pretty? Green & Colourful? I don't dare to say Bali or English or Tropical because i know it won't look entirely like those themes and i might consider the project is a failure.
Some features i picked up from visits to Sungai Buloh & nurseries around Bangi.....




No comments:

Post a Comment