Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spa treat at Pullman

On 29 June, I took a day leave just to experience a spa treatment at Pullman Putrajaya. I perceived Pullman as quite an expensive hotel thus when there was a Groupon offer of Pullman spa treament @ RM158, I didn't need to think twice! It was what I've been looking for, a treat after being diligent at work.

My plan was to go there early so I could have a swim before the treatment booked at 10.00am. However, I left Bangi at about 8.45am and reached there at about 9.15am. Definitely not enough time to swim but I asked the spa lady whether I can delay my treatment to 11.00 and she said yes, they were willing to wait for me! (wow! good answer! Anyone would feel special with such courtesy!) I think there were hardly any customer (because Pullman is new & expensive?) so it was possible for them to wait for me...hihi

So changed my clothes (as well as admiring/taking pics of the finishing of the changing room), had a dip about 1 hr, shower and back to the spa lounge 10 min before 11.00. I can say I was the only one there either at the swimming pool (although a girl & mother and a foreigner joined me later) or at the spa.
Pool overlooking PICC

I will start with my conclusion of the Pullman spa. Good to experience so I could brag that I've been to Pullman. Whether I might come again? Yes, if it has Groupn offers :P because Pullman is near to Bangi.

After noting the reception, I was brought to a superb receiving area served with a cup of ginger tea while waiting for the spa room to be ready . Niceeeee.... Then I was brought to the spa room equipped with own toilet and shower cum sauna. The feel of the spa room is modern with a charm. Usually, spa plays Javanese type of music and so is Pullman except it plays a modern version of the music.

My Groupon offer outlined the treatment as:
[Up to 77% Off] 2-Hr 10-Min Full Body Massage + Javanese Lulur + More in 5-Star Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside Hotel. For 1 (RM158) / 2 (RM258) People. From RM129 per person. For men / women

  • 2-hour 10-minute full body massage package.
  • Javanese lulur scrub exfoliates and smoothens skin.
  • Includes steam bath and access to swimming pool.
  • Suitable for all skin types.
The sequence of treatment is different from my previous experience. Usually:

Sauna then massage, then scrub then bath. At Pullman, they start with sauna (which was not mention in the offer, yeah better value for me) and end with the massage.

I think the spa treatments target business travellers/executives because the smell of massage oil is not that strong (I'm comparing it with Cyberview Spa) so people can go straight to the office/ appointments etc. There was hardly any smell once the oil dried out. So not a + point if you are on leave specifically for a spa treat and expect the smell to stay until you go to bed. My rating:

Sauna_nice interior
Massage_ok. Prefer Cyberview
Lulur_ok. Not a strong smell though (I like strong smell)

As an overall, it was a good experience. I guess I didn't put up a high expectation, I just wanted to unwind. Another blogger review and more pics here.

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect blog for anyone who is looking for topics like this. It has got it all, information, benefits and overview. A perfect piece of writing. Good job. Salons in indore


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee! Thanks for the positive comments! (Seriously, I'm blushing right now!) I'm just writing whatever I feel. Cheers!

      Delete