Monday, May 5, 2014

Weddings in February

This post was drafted in February but I only got this posted in May. Shame on me...

Wow.... what a hectic February. Hectic as in I had to think on what to wear which was so not me. I usually just wear what's available because no point of me to dress up with my little kids running around pulling my clothes, slapping melting ice cream on my lap.....


I guess due to timing and venue, I got to dress up this time. My cousins who are siblings were getting married one after another so the receptions was all in February, one weekend after another. First, the younger brother was solemnized at Masjid Biru Shah Alam so I wore a jubah. The reception was held the next day and I wore the orange baju kurung.
The next Thursday/Friday, the older brother was solemnized at The Duchess. It's where a lot of KL people or celebrities hold their reception and the ceremony was attended by Datuk Hishamuddin. Then, the reception at PWTC held at night.

Lastly, my auntie's reception combined for both of her sons at Pusat Penyelidikan Veterinar in Cheras. I just wore a Thai silk kurung paired with checked kain tenun Terengganu. The kurung was made in 2005 while the checked sarung was made in 2000, when I got married. Previously the sarung was paired with a plain maroon kebaya.

Below are pics of outfits I wore after much deliberation here.

My first tailor made jubah

Revamped orange kurung. This is the only picture I have

Modern kurung matched with old gold sarung.

Bought husband's batik shirt to match just hours before leaving for the event.

With aunties and mum at The Duchess


Datuk Hishamuddin as the VIP guest.
The reception @ PWTC
 
With sister and sis in laws

Thai silk kurung and kain tenun Terengganu. Old pair but never had pictures taken in it

No comments:

Post a Comment