Thursday, October 30, 2014

I love Bali!

'I love Bali' ......Typical phrase on Bali souvenirs which after a while I found annoying. Do people who bought the souvenirs really love Bali? That was how I felt when I was shopping at Krishna Sunset, a famous mall where you can get variety of reasonably priced souvenirs.

Do I love Bali? I think the word 'love' is a bit strong for me but, hell YEAH! I love Bali! This is how I felt right now sitting in front of the PC, flashing back memories looking through the pictures. Would I go there again? Yes, because we didn't get to cover all the must dos. I haven't been to Kuta, the city centre, Mount Batur, Uluwatu and the Puras, which give me reasons to come back.

Personal Opinion
What so lovable about Bali? Not sure. But the thought that I've been to Bali has that hint of romanticism to it (although I traveled with 4 kids)...Haha!

I guess my LOVE for Bali is more related to the awesomeness of the holiday:

  • Excellent villa with private pool, cooked and served breakfast
  • Able to shop and leverage on strong RM
  • Have pictures taken using DSLR camera
  • I looked OK in pics
  • The tour was smooth
  • The weather was OK
  • Tour guide was very friendly (and good at photography)
  • Kids were impressed and behaved accordingly


Bali itself? The history of Bali in relation to Indonesia and Malay culture is what I've gained from the holiday. Yanto, the tour guide provided interesting insight on the origin of Malay culture which stem from Hindu culture. What fascinates me is Hinduism in Bali is very different from Hinduism in Malaysia. Very different. And Bali seems so cultural and down to earth.


At Yan Yan Silver in Gianyar

Nearby Gianyar. Paintings from a family of artists

Trying out a musical instrument

In front of the house of the painters family.
The hut where our lunch were served @ Bale Udang


Feeding the fish while waiting for our lunch







Listening to how Luwak coffee is produced

That's luwak (not the one in the red t-shirt1)

Sipping the most expensive coffee in the world



Off to next destination, Tegalalang.
At Tegalalang, famous for its view of paddy fields.

Went to Tanjung Benoa on Day 3

Family picture in front of Krishna.
It's actually quite a nice exterior for a budget mall.

Posing in front of Dapur Sunda. Lunch time!

Dining above waters.

The famous Tanah Lot temple

Nice




Before leaving Tanah Lot

Capturing moments at a paddy field


Thank you Allah for your generosity......

No comments:

Post a Comment