Monday, August 24, 2015

The day she told she's leaving for good

My maid told me on Saturday 22 Aug morning that she's planning to go home for good next year. My reaction? Poker face...

Reaction
Didn't know how to react... Should I be saying 'Alamak! Kenapa bibik nak balik?' or "Oh! Ye ke? Kenapa?' Instead, I didn't say anything. Just 'hmm...ok'

Seriously, I didn't know how to react. I've been pondering how's life without a maid now that my kids are grown up. The ideal picture would be us helping each other out on chores. Now that she's leaving, I get to teach my kids myself.

Keeping things in order
It's not that I don't like her. She has done a lot for our home and I can never do things as efficient, as detailed and persistent as she has.  Our home is in order because of her.

So many things were in my head... keep her, let her leave, get another, the kids, my work, husband's support, easy life, laundry, cleanliness, balik kampung....Oh, definitely my mother and mother in law will miss her because she's good at helping out in the kitchen.

Then, came the question whether I'm able to assist my mother and mother in law in cooking? Cooking... the thing I haven't done in ages since.. well, since I know my maid likes to cook. Suddenly, all seems exhausting!

The ironing, washing, sweeping, mopping....

Need to figure out where shall the kids stay while transitting between schools....

Need to be very helpful in the kitchen

Arghh....

Be strong
Then I heard this saying 'Don't ask for an easy life'. Ask for a strong heart and mind'....

True.... No one says it's going to be easy.... Certain things have to change.... For the better. For the kids....




No comments:

Post a Comment