Thursday, May 7, 2009

After a hard day work

I had the time to browse and read people's blog... Found a friend's blog and reading it gave me a wake up call. Back to what is my purpose....how do i see myself in 10 years time? Because my friend is currently in New Zealand starting her PhD. killing two birds with one stone...Advancing her career ladder (once finishes her PhD) and having a good time overseas. I wish i could be ambitious like her.
And also found a cousin's blog interesting with pics...stories she has written about this and that....places she has been.....wow! I wish i could be creative like her....
After a while, i felt so down. I felt like i am a loser.....i have nothing about myself that i can be proud of..... Maybe that's why i keep wishing i could be like someone else.
Then, i found what my cousin wrote about 'the grass is always greener on the other side'. And about the saying in Koran "to lower your gaze from looking at forbidden things or else your heart will turn black, with envy, jealousy, desire, dissatisfaction, greed and the worst of all is, it makes you wanting more than you rightly deserves"....isn't that so true....

I was dissatisfied with myself and jealous of what other people have.....Not good, not good.....I should be happy for them and thankful for what i have and someday i might have something that i will be proud of if i asked and with Allah's willing.
Be thankful, be thankful....And for that reason, this is one of the things that i treasure most and i'm so thankful to Allah for what He has laid for me so far....I believe more good are laid in front of me if i keep on striving with effort and doa.....



Having you is the greatest thing (apart from your dad :-)...) Please Allah! Give me strength to raise my kids along your path.....

No comments:

Post a Comment