Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy birthday to me!




Saturday 11 June was my birthday. I don't really mind if the day is just like any other day but it would be nice if my husband at least do something for me. Previously he sent me bouquet of flowers twice at the office. Of course i appreciated them because i like flowers. Last year he surprised me with a spa treatment which i didn't expect at all (and i truly enjoyed it). He did once gave me a small picture frame and there was a year he gave me a bathrobe. What i thought at that time was 'at least he remembers and it's the thought that counts'... sincerely, really... no matter how significant or not a gift from him is, i just appreciate that he actually remembers my birthday. That is all matters to me...
 
This year he treated me to a buffet lunch at the revolving restaurant, Seri Angkasa, Menara KL. It was my first time at Menara KL (even my kids have been there on a school excursion) so i was excited. I enjoyed the view and the food. He even braved himself to the pianist for a b'day song dedication (this is common at the restaurant) with a message 'i love you so much'...I know my husband and so for him to do that is not the ordinary him, you know. I guess i am easily charmed by romantic gestures and that's why fate made me married him. He's the opoosite so for him to do it once in while is something precious to me.
We brought Kasyif with us so it was a good outing for all of us. His gift this time? His current IPhone 3Gs as he's upgrading to IPhone 4. You see, i don't mind... As long as he thought of me on my birthday....
What's more special happened the night before.
I was holding my emotions back thinking my husband didn't care about me. He was busy, didn't even ask about my wellbeing (didn't he know that i'm pregnant!), we didn't go out for weekends, no cuddlings. I was frustrated...Is it because i am fat and not attractive? Has he lost interest in me? But i managed not to snap at him and controlled my emotion. Then just before we went to sleep, he wished me 'happy birthday' and told me that he loves me so much and he didn't know how to show that.
In split second, I was healed and hugged him hard. That was all i wanted to hear... Gone all my frustrations and anger... I just need reassurance, like John Gray mentioned in his book. I was possibly a 'wave' that was about to crash.....I was so really glad i didn't snap at him because it was not what i wanted to do to my loving husband.
So now i'm back....happy and contented!...

No comments:

Post a Comment