Monday, June 17, 2013

My Work Bag

After receiving my new bags from PVS and hubby, it's time for me to depart with my current bag. From these two bags, I can say I'm the structured-bag-kind of girl when it comes to bag for work.
The bag since 2006. PVC + cloth material. I bought it at ASDA in the UK so it was cheap.

Good size & practical
When I was in the UK, I think I had used another bag briefly before switching to this bag. I can say I used this bag for 3 + 5 = 8 years. 3 in the UK and 5 here. The bag is still in good condition and I didn't have the heart to throw/give it away because I have good memories with it. But it was time for me to switch to a new bag, I think. I needed to revive myself now that I'm already in end of 30's.

Then I bought this bag during Parkson sale at the end of my maternity leave in Nov 2011 at RM80. Actual price was RM266 and it was at 70% off. I chose black although  I thought cream was nice.This is my current bag so I've been using it for 1 year and 7 months (Nov 2011 - current).

Slightly bigger than previous and has more detailing.
Has dividers which definitely this bag is for work bag
Talking about quality, to me this bag does not represent a RM2++ bag. Despite I've only used about 1.5 years, the bag has lost its shape and can't even stand. One side of the handles also is breaking apart from the body and it's obvious, ok. The handles also is breaking apart at the shoulder, maybe can't withstand the weight of my stuffs. Then I know it was time for me to get a new bag....

Tear on the joint between handle and body of bag.
This was also during the handbag craze at the office and people around me all have new bags... except me. I wanted to get new bag too but I was really tight on the budget. I hardly had leftovers because I had to pay off my credit card (not because of overspending but because I let someone used my credit card for RM2k as he promised to pay me back but he didn't). When I saw people changing handbags, my thought was 'Wahhhh, banyaknye duit dioghang...' compared to myself. Then Alhamdulillah I managed to settle my credit card and my company had a salary revision end of 2012 at the same time.

Thank you again Allah, for giving me this rezeki to own a few new handbags. Still contemplating which one should I use first. 2 of them are leather bags so I'm quite anxious to use them because I'm terrible at maintaining bags.
1 is bright pink so I kinda worry the attention I might receive (perasan ;-0).
1 is dark blue but a bit small thus I can't carry the folders that I've been working on.
1 is Shopping Le Pliage_small in chocolate which I'm supposed to give to my MIL (but I declared as my bag because I love the color! Ish!)

I dunno....

No comments:

Post a Comment