Thursday, June 6, 2013

1st "Shake Party"

Exactly a week ago on 30 May 2013, I managed to get  3 colleagues to come and sample F1 shake with the help of Musab. 2 of them have consumed Herbalife before. Although they lost some weight, they didn't like the taste of F1 (powdery, taste like milk, yuckie basically).

Musab asked me to bring F1 and juices to blend the F1 with so I bought soya, mango juice and orange juice. He brought scale, blender, paper cups and other promotion leaflets. I told 6 people and 3 turned up so that's 50% turn up. I think that's normal and not too bad for a 1st timer like me.

Musab did most of the talking. He's the expert and I'm still learning. I let them to have 1 to 1 conversation to make my colleagues feel comfortable and provide some privacy. I admit it takes courage to tell people about one's weight problem.
 Surprised excited woman on green background. Cheerful multiracial Asian / Caucasian female model joyful. Stock Photo - 8871281
And good news, out of 3 attended, 1 signed up for Weight Loss Challenge yesterday (33%). So my role as a true consultant begins. What I will do:

Right after registration:
  1. Congratulate and ask how frequent she wants me to do the follow up
  2. See her in person and discuss action plans
  3. Ask her to set long term targets
  4. Visualize her goal e.g. pics of slim people, whatever that motivates her
  5. Google the word 'HEALTHY' and look at images
 Support
My method of monitoring includes:
  1. Daily food intake records
  2. Call and ask how she is doing (frequency based on her preference)
  3. Weigh in weekly
  4. Reminders, motivational quotes to ensure she doesn't lose focus and able to overcome challenges

I pray that she will achieve what she wants. I want to make whatever she has spent and her willingness to trust us worthwhile. I pray she will lose her weight, stick to new eating habit and able to manage her weight on her own.

Although some might say I'm in and excited about this because I have personal monetary agenda, that point is not applicable here. I'm just excited to see my progress, from personal consumption and manage to lose weight to able to spread the lesson learnt based from my experience. This has all the elements that I'm interested in:

  • Weight management
  • Good eating habits and active lifestyle
  • Goals and motivation
  • Make people believe in themselves and achieve results
  • Extra income (although I'm still far from this!)
All the best to her!
 Live Healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment