Friday, November 15, 2013

Felt like 2nd honeymoon

I was here

Somewhere in June, a salesperson contacted my husband regarding a Gold Coast Sepang vacation club card package (soon known as Avani once it's under new management thus the promotion and sales campaign). We didn't buy but as a courtesy for the time we made to Sepang, they gave a complimentary stay at the resort. So I booked a date on 11th Nov telling my husband we should make use of the free stay as definitely we won't spend our money on the resort because it's too near & expensive.

I admit I like the place so I was quite eager and look forward staying at the resort. They provide visitors with buggy to get to the accommodation which I know the kids will love. The infinity pool overlooking the sea horizon would be great for me to take pictures. The accommodation is not a typical standard hotel room so this 1 night stay would be a great beginning for the kids' school holiday.

The complimentary stay is for Traveler Palm, some sort like a standard/deluxe room among the type of accommodations there. Fair enough because it's complimentary i.e. free. My husband checked in at the Sales Office as it's lobby was under refurbishment, while my kids and I waited at the buggy station/queue. I could see the kids were quite excited seeing the buggy and appreciated the place while waiting for their father. After 1/2 hour, my husband done with the check in and we were ready to go. Then my husband whispered to me 'they upgrade the room to a villa'...

What! Come again? Are you sure? I was already jumping up and down.... Did I hear you right? Impossible! The villa has two rooms and ample space which we saw during the visit in June right? The one I said suitable for a couple on honeymoon. 'This can't be true'....

He then showed me a map and where the staff circled our accommodation. 'Never mind, I don't want to get too excited. I'll know once we check in...' I said to him.

This rarely happened to me. Getting something better than I expected. It really was the Canary Palm Villa! Even the kids was excited seeing the room! Thank you Allah! I felt so much joy and happiness. Not sure what made me feel that way:

Was it because of the surprising upgrade i.e. something better that what I expected? Or the place was really nice that it just can make you feel happy?

I smiled and whispered to my husband, 'feel like I'm on a honeymoon.... with the kids'...... It truly was. This will be one of the nice moments in my life.....


While waiting for their father

Visitors from dunno where
Villas above waters of the sea

Waiting

While waiting
The accommodation bird's eye view thus the name, Golden Palm Tree


What the kids looked forward to

Our bags

Ready to go

We're there!


Our room number

When Irdina smiles for the camera, means she's happy
The living room
The mat same as at home :-)

Welcoming their guest
Our side of the room. King bed. Fluffy duvet & pillows

The roof is what makes the place feels special

This is something.... by the poolside. Thumbs up!

Good for photographers

Trying with my Sony small auto camera

Not bad eyy...

Dinner at the usual spot, HM Bagan Lalang.
The small feast...Yummy..

Pepahat in chillies

Kerepek ubi, complimentary from the restaurant.

Giving him a shot at buggy driving
Breakfast at the balcony


View from the balcony




Roti canai & instant cup noodles
Another view from the balcony


Heading home



Bamboo walk


Another feature the kids love... Free bicycle ride!

The kids love this too!

Bye! Thank you for the memorable stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment