Friday, December 20, 2013

Best gi Melaka!

 
My husband had a meeting in Malacca on 10-12 Dec and because the kids were on holiday, we got to tag along. We stayed at Hatten Hotel right in the centre of Bandar Hilir. Dataran Pahlawan & Mahkota Parade is easily accessible from the hotel, heaven for shopaholics. Even the tourist attractions were within walking distance. We could go around although my husband was busy with meetings because everything was nearby.

Love the hotel for it's ample space. Although we took 2 rooms, the one the kids stayed in was bigger than standard hotel room and it could easily fit 7 of us comfortably. I was excited myself because I've been wanting to give a go at the Malacca River Cruise.

We went sight seeing on Wednesday, 11 Dec right after we had breakfast at about 10.00am. This would involved a lot of walking and I was a bit worried Kasyif or Lutfi would get cranky. Alhamdulillah, we managed and I really loved the activity. We actually walked from Hatten Hotel, passed through the new extension of Dataran Pahlawan mall, A Famosa, passed by Menara Taming Sari, the ship museum and lastly the riverside for the river cruise.

By 11 o'clock, Kasyif started complaining because he wanted to get on the 'beca'. I knew he was already tired so I negotiated with him to at least visit the ship museum as the last destination before we head back because the ship museum is next to the river cruise. He agreed. I thought everything went smoothly and I felt..... HAPPY!

Another thing that made me satisfied is I actually exercised! I went to the gym twice and took Herbalife every morning (I brought the blender along!)...

Back from the trip, I feel fortunate... blessed with loving husband and adorable kids. It made me think what have I done for them... I hope to improve the following:

  • Spend more time with the kids. Cook for them, listen and be attentive to their needs.
  • Serve my husband more. Pay attention, provide his needs and always tell him how lucky I feel to have him by my side


Waiting to check in


In front of Dataran Pahlawan mall backed by Hatten Hotel.

The A Famosa
Next is Muzium Pengangkutan Melaka.



 

Check out the map.

Moving towards Menara Taming Sari.

The famous Taming Sari. I assumed the view would be similar to
our view from the hotel so decided not to take on the ride.
 
Nearly there....

The Ship Museum

What's on show.
On the river cruise. The cruise is rather inexpensive, 6 of us for RM40

 


 

 
The market next to the Ship Museum, where we bought our packed lunch.

What Kasyif had been waiting for, 'beca ride'!
(he's not seen! He was next to Irdina!)

Pool never failed them!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment