Sunday, January 4, 2015

Homemade burger

I've been wanting to make homemade burgers since I watched Eat St on Food Network a few months back. I'm currently bored with whatever food I have right now, rice and all. Didn't get to do it until today because I took much time to plan. I've done it agesssss ago so I know it is actually easy, I just need to shop for the ingredients.

I've hardly gone to big supermarkets since I discovered Econsave a few years ago. I shop there for monthly foodstuff but the problem is they don't have good quality minced beef. Good news is a new upmarket Jaya Grocer is close to my home and they have things not available at Econsave, such as Australian beef, various type of breads, Japanese seaweed for sushi etc.

I felt guilty for not cooking on Saturday, so I determined to cook burgers for Sunday lunch. Quickly bought ingredients from Jaya Grocer at about 5.30pm for 1/2 and hour (usually I take 2-3 hours!) so I could have it ready on Sunday.
Homemade patties on the grill

Love! Love! Love!

Satisfying and yummy. Mission accomplished!




Sumptuous!

The asparagus as additional garnish. Haha!



Ingredients I used:
250g minced beef
10 crackers
1/2 minced yellow onion
1 egg

Flavours:
Cumin powder
Chicken BBQ powder
White pepper

Assembling:
Tomatoes
Butterhead lettuce
Chili flakes

I also did roasted veggies and I just foun dout that my husband like roasted carrots a lot. I also recommend roasting the carrots as they taste very very different. A good different.....
Roasted spud, sweet potatoes and carrots


No comments:

Post a Comment