Thursday, July 2, 2009

Decision 1_Kitchen Appliance

Finally decided on the kitchen appliance and guess which one i'm buying?
After sleepless nights, i decided to based on choice available over savings. I was thinking:
1.Later when all these (kitchen remodeling) done and look back at things i've spent my money on, will i be satisfied?
2.Will my choice follows or at least near to what i want in my kitchen?
3.Which one am i willing to bear, save now regret later, spend now love forever??
When it came to the 3rd question, i feel it's a bit clearer. I don't know whether my decision is right but at least i didn't make the decision based on savings alone. And hopefully whatever thoughts that i have that put me in the direction of buying from Paramax, are worth the money.

Weighing the $$$$ part, if i were to buy from Ikea, it would be because of the discounts alone.
Ikea= RM2,999 + RM540 install + RM200 duct hose = RM3,739
Paramax = RM3,699 + RM200 install = RM3,899
Difference is only RM160 but becomes RM460 if include Ikea rebates (not RM700). So for RM460, should i forgo the chance of being able to choose the look that i want?

Although cheaper, knowing Ikea you only get what you paid for:
#Ikea doesn't give aluminium duct hose (normal grey plastic instead), whereas you can the item get free elsewhere.
#Installation is based on per unit so if you want them to install oven and hob, it costs RM80 each. At least Paramax will help me to put the oven and hob into the cabinet and worktop (the risk is when the items do not fit in places, they are not liable and will not help me to make things right, i have to sort it out with solid surface installer which then I might end up spending more than RM200 on installation anyway).
#For any reworks, Ikea installer may costs more than other installers.

So with reworks costs uncertainty and assumption, i've made my decision on the following:
Hood will become the focal point so 70mm thickness gives more impact than 30mm.
I opt for stainless steel because i'm not used to cooking on glass. I feel as if it might break (although it won't). Stainless steel also reminds me of my mum's... Ikea's offer is glass hob, and glass hob is a bit common, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment