Monday, July 27, 2009

Letting go

I asked my husband about my watch after i did my Maghrib prayer yesterday. I gave it to him when i wanted to do my Asar prayer at Sunway Lagoon. We take turns to pray so I've always given him either my watch or my handbag because i fear i might forget or the stuff might get stolen if i bring them along in the praying room.

He answered he couldn't remember where he put it. "Oh! No!" i said to myself. "It's probably in the bag" was what i said to him.... Trying to calm myself down and not letting him to feel guilty.... The conversation ended there....

This morning, i finished getting dressed but couldn't complete the last ritual because of the missing watch. I carefully scout around in the bag i assumed my husband had put my watch in but it was empty.... What should i say to myself now?

I have to learn to let go...i have to learn to let go....
The watch was a b'day gift from my husband in 2001 so it has been with me for 8 years. What's the big deal about the watch (apart from watch is one thing that i can't live without):
1. 1st b'day gift as husband and wife
2. it's a Tissot thus my 1st expensive watch
3. the design is simple (so like my husband) but i feel it fits me so well
4. the thought that my husband managed to find a watch that i myself didn't expect i could love it so much
5. I feel my life's not complete when not wearing it. I thought having a clock on my handphone is enough to tell the time but it just don't feel the same.

So it is not just a watch to me. Although it's not expensive (compared to Tag Heuer), it was priceless to me... The memories of 8 years is within the watch and it has made me feel difficult to let it go....
My husband said he will go back to Sunway Lagoon to look for it.
I don't want to put high hopes... But i want my watch back!!!!....
Now i have the opportunity to buy a new watch which can be more expensive....But tears rolled down my eyes...
The only thought that soothed me is "luckily i only lost a watch. What if it was my car? Or my kids?"......

I have to learn to let go.... Learn to let go things dearest to you since those are only material stuff that you're not going to bring along with you at Akhirat later.....
Farewell dearest watch... Thank you for being there whenever i needed you. Thank you for the memories we've shared....Rest in peace wherever you are.... (Wow! i'm really attached to the watch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment