Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Estimating 'Total Damage'

The difference in costs of flights between UK and Japan is about 3k when we surveyed during MAS offer (last on 15th Jan). However, the decision to choose which destination to travel was not made then.

AirAsia vs MAS
If we were traveling by MAS to Tokyo, the flights costs around 13k. I would prefer MAS, at least on the way back (if not return ticket) because the journey is 7 hours and I'm bringing all my kids. MAS has something to entertain them and has bigger seats. Unfortunately the booking is done way too late so the flights originally costs less has climbed up to 16k. Thus we'll be traveling by AirAsia which I don't really mind (no point to whine on things that are meant to be). This means money saved on flights can be used elsewhere.

Accommodation and Ground travel
It's a 5 day trip in the most expensive city in the world, Tokyo. With 4 kids....
Accommodation is charged on per head basis. Food apparently is expensive. Main mode of transport is train and subways. Lots of attractions with entrance fees.

 Image result for tokyo subway
This trip is a last minute decision so I didn't get to even save my February salaries for the trip. I will have to use my savings. Reluctant at first but I tell myself I can cover it back by diligently spend less and save more on monthly basis this year (I hope).
Image result for tokyo subway train
Due to limited budget and time, this trip will only focus on Tokyo. In Sha Allah, if Allah SWT permits, we shall repeat trip to Japan and visit scenic places including Mount Fuji. This time, it's all about 'Ultra Modern Tokyo and Kids'

Image result for ultramanImage result for miraikan museum

I'm still calculating because I haven't finalized the itinerary yet. Where I plan to go will affect the amount I need to fork out.

No comments:

Post a Comment