Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Japan plan_revisited

Since the idea of going to the UK in June is scrapped, I asked my husband 'What about Japan?'
He's going to these 2 places (conference/work related) for 2015 and I personally feel it's a sign that I should follow because I've mentioned this in my previous post here. UK is scrapped because the estimated costs is around RM30,000. Equivalent to going for umrah as a family. Actually Japan trip is roughly estimated at RM20,000. Although less than UK by RM10,000, it is still above RM10,000.

Last minute decision
This is a very last minute decision made on  17 February 2015, less than a month (26 days) before estimated date to fly i.e 14 March 2015. My husband asked me, 'Are you sure?'... Because I'll be alone handling the kids as he'll be busy attending meetings in Yokosuka/Tokyo/Yokohama.

I said 'Definitely!' without thinking, only to sweat after giving some thoughts. Exploring Tokyo with kids? One of the busiest city with 35 million population and rather complicated subway system, in Japanese? Alone? I must be kidding...
 
Facing challenges, whatever it might be
I did doubt myself at first. But I still feel strongly for Japan. I thank Allah SWT for giving me strengths and reasons to believe in myself. Regardless of the circumstances, I shall face the challenges and gain something beneficial from it.
  1. I did say 2015 is year for my kids. So handling them alone in Tokyo would be a precious experience.
  2. Japan is in my travel wishlist since secondary school.
  3. Husband has been traveling to Japan since 2004 (10 years) but never once I get to tag along. Since this year I need to use up all my carry forward leave by March, this trip will be a fun way to utilize the leave.
Image result for travelling tokyo with kids

Different expectation
So my expectation towards this trip is slightly different from Krabi and Bali where those two were purely a leisure vacation. This time, the trip is for the kids i.e focus will be more on kids attractions. All I want is just to experience Japan, appreciate its culture, attitude and ultra modern city. By that I would imagine living in a small house, a lot of walking and climbing stairs in the subway. Maybe try to speak simple Japanese sentences. And visit cheapo shops....


Image result for disneyland tokyo

My husband has paid for the flights just now. So there's no turning back. Gear up kids! Let's fly to Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment