Monday, February 16, 2015

Power Brain Workshop

Last weekend, Irdina attended the Power Brain Workshop by Smart IQ at Seksyen 7.

It is normal the older the kid, more time is needed to activate the midbrain. Irdina was the eldest and other participants were around 6 to 11 years old. She was not as fast as the others. She still working on shapes and colours whereas other kids were already colouring blindfolded. She even say she didn't like the workshop. I guess because she felt like a failure.

As a parents this may sound frustrating. However, to me this shows me something. Deep in my heart I know Irdina is intelligent remembering how she was when she was a small kid. So I know she can because midbrain activation is natural to anyone. Anyone can do it. We just need to know how because by age of 5, the midbrain will be put to sleep if we don't use it.

Irdina just need motivation, encouragement from me. I need to help her to get rid the negativity in her. I may be part to blame because I did show a lot of skeptism to her when we watch ads on the television.

My challenge is to find a 10 minute in my day for her. I would prefer in the morning when the brain is refreshed but she is not an early riser. Still, I need to ask her the most suitable time.

This is my plan and schedule for Irdina:

6.00 - 6.25 Wake up & solat Subuh
6.30 - 6.45 Brain training

I have to remember, the session should be done in a fun, loving manner. I have to encourage her and my objective is to help her throw away the negativity and skepticism in her.

Bismillah.......

No comments:

Post a Comment