Monday, July 29, 2013

Hari Raya 2013 prep

This year, my husband and I discussed and planned to host an open house, long overdue since we moved to Bangi Perdana 7 years ago. We made lists of guests, food and budget early Ramadan. The tentative date is 24 Aug, the week after the raya holidays. The tentative main menu is Laksa Utara (subcon) and Laksa Johor (homemade). I'm quite nervous actually but I know I need to do this.

Mirror
I wanted to improve the décor of my house before the event. Plans include proper match of chairs, carpets, picture frames and landscaping. Unfortunately, all can't be fulfilled because I was not determined enough. However, I managed to purchase a venetian mirror to replace the old one and suit the house décor more. I felt so happy because I bought something which I think will improve the décor tremendously (at least I felt that way).


Old square mirror. Gold & red which doesn't match anything in the house

The décor in Aug 2011

The new venetian mirror from SSF. Yeay!
Flower Arrangement
My challenge now is to do the flower arrangement. I bought 4 stalks of hydrangea at Metrojaya Sale @ PICC on Friday which costs only RM20!(RM5 each and original price is RM10). I saw the flower is sold at RM40++ per stalk at SSF! I also bought 3 water lilies from SSF costing RM21.60 each to match the curtain.

Not sure how to do the arrangement yet. Some ideas:

Ana Antunes Fuschia console
I can either do symmetrical arrangement

Antique dresser as console
Or let the mirror be part of the arrangement


Entryway Table and Mirror
The mirror is big so can afford to place the flower in the middle
I'm more inclined to put the flowers on the side because the hydrangeas have long stalks. I'll update the outcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment