Monday, July 29, 2013

Ramadan 2013



The fasting month Ramadan started on 10 July 2013. This year my resolution is to read the Al Quran with my kids, as they called it as 'tadarus'. It lasted only for 1 week. We did it in the mornings. The plan is to start at about 6am after Subuh prayers for about half an hour until 6.30am. Then Irdina and I can get ready for school and work.

However, my girls were taking their own sweet time whereas time is limited. I know I have to be persistent but I was also analyzing whether my intention and focus is necessary. What made me stop is I think I should emphasize on the fardu first that is solat 5 times a day, the pillar of Islam.

I still continue to read believing it has to start from me. I have to set an example to my kids so they are used to it and will do it willingly. I'm a slow reader, I'm only at chapter 3 of the Al Quran, definitely can't finish the whole Al Quran by Ramadan. However, I will continue reading and aim to finish (khatam) before the next Ramadan...

So hopefully this is one improvement this Ramadan which I will be able to sustain throughout in my quest to be a good muslim....In sha Allah. Aminnnnn....

No comments:

Post a Comment