Monday, October 19, 2015

Now Kasyif can ride!

'Mama! Mama! Abang sekarang dah pandai naik basikal! Kalau nak tengok, nanti keluar lah!
Kasyif was so excited about it yesterday at about 5.30pm. From his expression, I knew he couldn't himself believe that he could do it. I'm so happy for Kasyif and he now has something to be proud about himself.

Alhamdulillah! My husband has been diligently giving moral support to Kasyif to ride on 2 wheels since early of the year. It has been my husband goal to ensure Kasyif can ride by the age of 7. His mission accomplished!



Kasyif in my words
He has symptoms of asthma but not as serious as asthma yet. His breathing will be affected sometimes by smoke, cold or junk food.

As he grew older, I found his behaviour is a bit 'manja', pampered since things are done for him. In turn, He always wants things his way and get really upset when he doesn't get what he wants.

He has a poor eating habit. Earlier on, he didn't know how to feed himself apart from not knowing when to stop. Although he has just eaten, seeing other people eat will still entice his appetite. Always showing tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants. Things would fly across the hall, chairs dragged and turned upside down, everything which can raise my blood to boiling point. Always delaying when asked to do something.

Sometimes he also has quite a low confidence in himself. Since people has been labelling him as 'fat', sometimes he resist to do something new without even trying. He is afraid of everything... the dark, worms, water getting into his eyes. He doesn't brush his teeth when no one's looking.

My regrets
I've been surrounded with 2 girls before so I may not know how to handle a boy.

I don't blame anyone except myself. I have paid less attention to him as we hired a maid when he was born. I was too dependent on my helper. There are things that I didn't agree with what she has done but didn't say anything thinking that it might upset her or it was not a big deal.

I love my son

Ever since I have these regrets of not taking take of Kasyif properly, I always remind myself that he is just a boy. Only turned 7 last 13th October. I still can guide and nurture him to turn into an excellent person. Because he does have the good qualities as well. He's bright, friendly, sometimes attentive, loving towards smaller kids, listens to his parents and many more. I always regret afterwards if I scream at him because I don't want him to pick up and learn bad thing from me ie yelling.

Things I should start doing and maintain:
  • My support to encourage him to try
  • Always compliment him and notice things he does whether good or bad
  • Show my affection to him, kiss him on his cheek and pats on the back
The next time I write about Kasyif, it should be more about the good side.....

No comments:

Post a Comment