Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Milk Moustache Cafe


I've been eyeing this cafe since I knew the place when I sent my kids to Smart IQ in Kajang Putra. It serves korean dishes which I've been wanting to taste to know how different the dishes are compared to Japanese. I didn't have the guts to step in though as I wasn't sure whether the prices were on the steep side  similar to Japanese restaurant.

Then one day I wanted to treat my youngest brother after his exams. I was thinking 'what's different, seems special and nearby?' and the Milk Moustache Cafe (MMC) came to mind. Yah! Why not!

It was about less than 10 min drive from my house (the road was clear). The dining area is actually upstairs, downstairs is the kitchen. We were the only there; my brother, Kasyif, Lutfi and myself.

Menu
Looking at the menu, I can say it was totally a new experience for me. Definitely different from Japanese food. Given the menu, we didn't have a clue what to order. I knew I wanted to know how kimchi tastes like.



By the picture, the food seems to have lots of red in colour, look spicy and the names are... only known to Korea fans. Luckily there were pictures to guide us what the dishes were. Because we were not familiar with Korean food, we just ordered what we used to: fried rice and noodles while the kids ordered spaghetti carbonara. Yes, they do serve western menu but the choice is limited. The menu maybe a little under in terms of variety compared to menu of a malay food restaurant. Though I was totally new to anything related to Korea, so the menu that day seemed interesting and exciting.

Interior
Lots of cartoons and drawing on the wall, the colour is also vibrant. There is a kid's corner which has racks of toys but the space is rather limited. It has this cosy and relaxed ambience. We were the only ones there, so my kids were immensed playing with the toys.
TV shows to kill the time waiting for your food. Of course its Korean. It was Running Man when we were there.

My brother checking out the world map.

 
I find this cute.

The kids corner
If this cafe is inspired from their travel and love for Korea (or K-Pop), I really respect that. There are many pictures displayed which you can tell the travel maybe the most memorable one and they are K-Pop die hard fans.
 

Price
Looks OK to me if you feel like getting something other than the usual meal you have everyday.
Price per dish starts at RM7.90. I think mine was about RM9.90. Can't remember the drinks but they have  Oreo Cookies Milkshake at RM13.90.

Food
Food is acceptable, bearing in mind I've never tasted any Korean food before. I liked what I ordered because I like instant noodles and it tasted GOOD. I'm not sure whether the real stuff uses instant or fresh noodles. Will come back again to try the 'pancake'.
Mandu Raymun Kimchi Soup RM9.90 (could Raymun means Ramen in Japanese?)

Pasta carbonara with a touch of black sesame seeds

After 3-4 visits, I might not visit the place for a long time as there may be no more in the menu that I want to try. I might come back purely for seeking advice on traveling to Korea and repeat my previous order.

Overall, Yah! why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment