Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Chinese Med and Nasi Lemak Cik Chom

Chinese medicine practitioner
We were in Batu Pahat last weekend to bring my helper to the 'sensei' who've made her better. The history of what happened to my maid here. My mum brought her to this chinese medicine practitioner in Batu Pahat 1st time during the Raya Aidil Adha break 4 weeks ago. Previously we brought her to normal clinic where she was given nerve medicine and injection apart from advice to do an MRI scan. The pain didn't really subsided. We also called in 'tukang urut' (masseuse), who knows it would work if the injury relates to sore mucsle or 'angin' (wind). The pain was still there. Thus my mum suggested to bring her to a chinese medicine practitioner which afterwards she progressed from unable to step her legs to the floor to able to do simple chores. It was advised to bring her again to ensure she is healed completely thus we decided to bring her last weekend. Alhamdulillah, she has recovered and started to do house chores again.

My husband who has experienced back pain lately also wanted to give this a try after seeing our maid has progressed tremendously.
The 'clinic' in chinese. Don't know how to read it

Array of small drawers.

He need to lie down for 30 min. He was attached to a machine.

A tool to align his back bone? I don't know!!!
Nasi lemak Cik Chom
I usually eat nasi lemak for breakfast. Some people can have them anytime. Regardless, I brought my parents to try Nasi Lemak Cik Chom in Sri Gading.The place only opened in June 2015 but has gone viral in social media and made to the TV1 news

Do people notice there's RM3 set? I don't


My verdict
The nasi lemak is acceptable. I was afraid it might be bland but it was alright (I don't know how to rate nasi lemak). My husband liked it. I guess to me the special is in the set that comes with the nasi lemak: big squid, siakap fish and quarter chicken. Not to forget, slice of green apple as substitute for cucumber!
Would I recommend people to come and try? Yes
Would I come again? Yes, because I want to try the fried siakap and fried chicken.
Is it worth the money? Possibly because you get cooked fish and nasi lemak for the price of per kilo siakap.

People queuing.

I personally think this is bigger than 'gelas besar'
 
Lutfi and his sirap bandung.

They provide scissors to cut the squid in pieces. How thoughtful!


My mum and my dad.

Another edge. They serve green apple to substitute cucumber. How ingenious!
So why this nasi lemak is so famous in such a short period of time? These are factors which I assumed made this place famous:

  1. People will always want something different. The set priced from RM7 to RM17, considered expensive for a nasi lemak but that hasn't stop people from coming to eat. Why? Because you can choose between giant fried squid, fried siakap or fried chicken to be served with your nasi lemak.
  2. Opens at night. Usually nasi lemak stall opened in the morning as it is a breakfast dish. We always get them for breakfast before going to work. It is packed for people to take away.  However here, the place opens from 4pm. Customers can laze around and chat after work here while eating. Or bring people for special treat or occasion, get away from fancy or thai seafood restaurants. Furthermore, the meal served is a big portion (even the drinks are served in humongous mug!) so that also take some time to finish. You can stay there until they are closed if you wish.
  3. The location is perfect. Right next to the main road between Batu Pahat and Parit Raja. At night, most other shops are closed so Cik Chom's looks so vibrant and happening. That should attract and entice by lookers to check the place out.

I enjoyed my nasi lemak. Another attraction in Batu Pahat!

What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment