Sunday, May 29, 2016

Mandarin Oriental and ICC 2016

Actually my husband was given a 6 day stay at Mandarin Oriental as he was the organizing committee for ICC 2016 Kuala Lumpur from 23-27 May. Unfortunately, it was not during school holiday. After given a thought, we decided to let the children to be absent on Friday as this kind of opportunity does not knock on you twice. So my children and I joined my husband on Thursday night so we get to stay for 2 days 2 nights.

When I say 'opportunity', I mean 'when we'll ever get to stay in a RM800 per night hotel, for free... if not now?' Previously I was not that impressed and my thought was "Ah! It's just another hotel.." until my husband showed me the view from his room! I didn't know tMO is that close to KLCC Twin Tower!!!! Totally impressed now!!!!

Not only that, my husband was also given the MO Club access. I never knew the exclusivity of being a hotel club member until today. They have separate lounge that serves food which mean you don't have to join the buffet downstairs. Food may not be as extensive but the lounge is more private and looks so elegant and classy. I'm totally into their decor, silver/grey combined with lilac/purple..(drooling!!!) And club members always get rooms with the best views which usually at the highest level.

My husband was given a complimentary laundry/pressing service for 5 garments everyday. He even sent his underwear to utilize the privilege! I brought my batik long blouse along to utilize the service too (I've been wanting to sent it for dry clean but could find the time to).

Towels were abundant, duvet was light but warm and I finally have found the kind of bed frame that I want. And the view was definitely priceless.....

Alhamdulillah dengan rezeki ini Ya Allah! Engkau hiburkan hatiku dengan nikmat ini.... Thank you Allah!

It was a good break although it was just Kuala Lumpur. We went to places like the park and the playground all by foot as MO was just next to Suria KLCC. My boys played in the bathtub 3 times a day. We also went to the Convention Centre to greet and meet the people my husband has been working i.e the important people behind ICC 2016. They came from the US, Australia and France.... good exposure for the kids.

I'm totally proud and happy for my husband. He has done a good job apparently as praised by his international peers. Hey, but once you're at home you're still the father to my kids ok. Please put your foot back to the ground..... Hahah!


No comments:

Post a Comment