Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Maid's paperwork

I went to Indonesian embassy on 27 Aug for my maid's passport matters. I need to change the address on her passport to mine as temporary address or else she would have to pay a levy or tax or something (basically money out). The process is simple and you have to get there early to avoid long queue. I got there around 9 and the waiting area already full with people. The counters starts at 9.30am so we had to wait. Luckily it was not as packed as there were still available chairs to sit.
Everything settled by 1.00pm. I'll have to come back again next year to get my maid a new passport. So i did capture important notices to remind me of the process and cost.
While waiting around 9.30am

 The forms for updating the address.
 Documents needed to renew passport.
 Different costs for different purpose. Surprisingly the cost of a new passport is rather inexpensive.


I shall come back in May 2011 prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment