Friday, October 22, 2010

Puding Pelangi

Easy peasy! I didn't know making agar-agar is so easy!
What prevent me from trying before is because i don't know the measurement. Pre blogging days, recipes in magazines are hopeless. Now i can use tried and tested recipes from websites and blogs. I got mine from MyResipi (search for 'Puding Pelangi')
2ndly, i have my own kitchen and a helper to do the dishes... ;-).... 3rdly, the ingredients are cheap.
Pudding is flexible and fun to make! I made the pudding 3 times within 2 months.... For my first try, i did exactly like the recipe. By the 3rd time, i incorporate my own idea into the presentation. Here's the recipe (enough for a family of 10 who like pudding):
The pudding requires 2 mixes:
Mix A
1 packet of string agar-agar (about 25g)
1.3ltr water
80g sugar
Boil water and once boiled, put in the strings. Once desolved, dump in the sugar.
Mix B
1 tin evaporated milk
2 spoon custard powder
2 eggs
2-3 tsp vanilla flavour
(I opt out the cocoa powder because i don't want chocolate flavour)
While waiting for the water/sugar to boil, mixed well the milk/eggs ingredients before pouring into the water/sugar mix. Make sure the water/sugar is on slow fire or your egg will curdle.

Once boiled (use your hunch whether the mix is cooked), you can now start the creative process.
Choose your colours and divide the mix according to your colours. And do whatever you like!
What i did with mine was to cut the hardened pudding with heartshape cookie cutter. I made this for a farewell party for a dear friend at the office. My mother enjoyed the unused cuts so nothing goes to waste (it also goes well with ice cream).

Have a try...Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment