Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tahlil arwah

Such an ad hoc plan! My neighbour had a kenduri doa selamat on Sunday. After the kenduri, the neighbours were lazing under the tent and to be polite, i joined them. Then my auntie without a serious note suggested me to hold a kenduri arwah since the tents were already in front of my house. The others agreed to the idea like always. Hate the fact that 'always talk and no action', i agreed to the idea too!
Then everyone was like 'serious ke?' and i said 'Yah! Betul lah. Chaq and Wa Din pun memang baru meninggal so kita buatkan la kenduri arwah'. Even my hubby was still on the road coming back from Perlis after receiving the news that Wa Din passed away on Saturday morning. Decision was made at aboout 3.30pm. I called my husband and he said ok. Then we started to make a list.

To me, as long as we don't need to cook, everything can be done! Thus a simple menu ordered from the restaurant and invited 'orang surau' and the neighbours. Wanted to order nasi lemak but they don't sell on Sundays. So i just ordered 'nasi goreng kampung', fried noodles and 'teh tarik' from Pak Ngah. Also ordered 80 pieces of 'roti canai telur' from Mat Kimbong'. The rest: 1 1/2 water melon and bananas, some currypuffs (from K Ela), roti puri, samosa, kuih kasturi as additional desserts. Then bought paper plates and cups and dustbin liners....The kenduri started after Isyak about 8.30pm

Finally, a kenduri at my house, just like that. I feel one of my burdens was off my shoulder. Remember my friends and neighbour have been asking me to hold a kenduri/makan-makan? And my husband appreciated it. To me what's important is 'niat' right.....

No comments:

Post a Comment