Thursday, December 26, 2019

Berkhatan 2018: Goodie bag preparation

I have only 2 boys who are 3 years apart. So bila Kasyif nak berkhatan, baik sekali kan dengan adik dia Lutfi. So renyahnya sekali saja. Tarikh dioghang sunat ialah sehari selepas kenduri kahwin Nurul, 3 Dec 2018.

This is a milestone for them so I feel obligated to celebrate their achievement. In Perlis, circumcision is highly regarded and celebrated. They hold a kenduri after the ordeal as a sign of gratefulness to Allah SWT. Kenduri is not a norm in Johor so this will be a good experience for me as the mother.

I plan to give out doorgift to visitors. As usual I did the budget and suggest to my sis in law (his son, same age as Kasyif is joining). Originally she just wanted to order butter biscuits (macam Danish butter cookies) but I think where's the fun? That is too simple...haha!

So I work out what would I get with the same amount of budget. Based on my research:

  1. Homemade cornflake cookies (5 pcs)
  2. Sweets
  3. Small calendar which I think so appropriate since we are getting to new year 2019

I don't do flashy plastic bags because I like simplicity and I'm working on a specific budget. I bought them from Shopee costing less than RM100.

Fresh cookies are definitely better than old cookies. Made with love and affection, hopefully people will feel the same when eating my cookies! Haha! I pushed myself to make them. There might be no other opportunity for me to display my love for them. That was the hardest bit. Packaging were done by my kids.
This cost less than RM1

Cookies for adult

I think I made roughly about 700 cookies in 5 non consecutive days (when I'm free)

Production line


Sweets for kids

This was right after they had the surgery

Lutfi slept after facing the ordeal

A clever way to ensure the kain will not drop, a 20 sen coin!

The boys laid here during the kenduri

Lutfi felt the pain....

No comments:

Post a Comment