Sunday, August 10, 2014

Bali_Itinerary

Flights = checked   Accomodation = checked
Itinerary is next...
Ulun-Danu-Batur-Temple
Bali temples

What are we going to do in Bali?
I'm travelling with my kids so I have to make them priority so we as parents can enjoy the trip.
In Krabi it was free and easy and we stayed at Krabi town, near the beach. We walked to Krabi beach (sightseeing, not really for swimming), we just booked island trip ad-hoc (we went there during low season), we rent a bike to get things to eat. Based on my readings, Kuta is like the modern Bali and apparently the happening place with lots of tourists, hotels, shops etc. and beach or amenities are within walking distance. Sounds like Krabi town.For Bali, there's so much to see and do as recommended by forumers and bloggers. I will have to prioritize.

Batur Lake
Ubud/Tegalalang

Keeping the kids happy
Swimming pool is a must for my kids to enjoy this trip and having a private pool, I confidently say this will wow them. As such, I have to balance between time spent for tours with time at the villa. I have to cut the tour hours short from 12 to maybe 7-8 hours so my kids can enjoy the pool in the afternoon, also give me an opportunity window to enjoy a spa treatment nearby (planning to go to Murano Spa).

DIY or tour guide
We can choose to travel by our own but Bali's attractions is all over the island (5,670 km sq). Since this is a 4D3N trip, we have 2 full days to discover Bali. To me, hiring a tour guide saves time and enable us to cover more places than DIY.
Tanah Lot Tour
Tanah Lot temple

Where to go? What to do?
I will have to prioritize the places we going to visit to meet the time frame and keep my kids interested. Since this is our 1st time, we'll try to cover all the MUST DO:
Kintamani
Bedugul
Ubud
Tanah Lot
Tegalalang
Kuta
Buy paintings
Buy souvenirs at Krisna
Experience spa
Try local delicacies
Uluwatu. Temple on a cliff top 
I'm using Yantohood Tour as frequently recommended in Cari.forum, see LoveBali99 blog for the prices.

I hope the kids will gain some knowledge from this trip and provide them a glimpse of culture other than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment