Monday, December 1, 2014

Lutfi & Preschool


To kill the time while waiting for the teachers to announce the UPSR result on 26th Nov, I went to Brainy Bunch Seksyen 4, Bangi and Tadika Ideal Anakku to check out the preschools for Lutfi (he's 4 since September). Both are near to SK Jln 4 and our house. Both offer montessori method but one fee is lower than the other.

I believe kids 1-6 year old learn through play. I'm not keen on preschools which emphasize on the academics so much because I don't think kids themselves know how to appreciate it. I think they are more proud if they can tie their shoes themselves, able to sing and dance till their heart contempt, able to construct something from anything etc. To me, I prefer preschools which teach through play and understand the stages of kids development. Thus I want a preschool which offers more physical activities than classroom learning. More outdoor than writing in exercise books.


 

Montessori
I prefers Montessori method because it seems to develop children based on their stages of development and encourage independence.

English
An added advantage but from my observation, school offering English medium (in Bangi) does not necessarily mean the teachers speak 100% English in class. It will depend whether the teachers (not the owner or the principal) actually speak 100% English in class and whether the teachers are formally trained. And also, if I want my kids to be able to speak English, I have to converse with them in English which we don't do at home. Thus it is an added advantage but I don't put high expectation on it.

Extra curricular
I want to expose my kids to as many activities as possible. At least Irdina & Jasmin has swimming lessons during their kindergarten years and not afraid of the water when they were small. Unfortunately Kasyif didn't had any swimming lesson and so he could not enjoy snorkeling because he didn't know how to deal with deep water. He was not as confident as his sisters which made me think extra curricular is just as important to develop their sense of independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment