Sunday, April 5, 2020

Movement Control Order: Sewing

Today is Sunday. I've just completed my #PKPproject which is to make covers for my dining chairs that have been scratched by the cat. Yeay!

Saturday 04.04.2020
I started yesterday morning, after I cleaned my house and did a bit of yoga. I was thinking about what are the things that I have been wanting to do but always blame of not having the time to do it. Then' 'sewing' came to mind and that was how I had the idea to sew the covers. Luckily I've not thrown this one piece of a remnant that would suit the green chair.

And boy, for a once in a blue moon thing like sewing, things were not as smooth as I thought (I thought I could finish the project within a day). 1st, I had to re-thread the bobbin which later had caused varying tension on the thread (wow! those are seamtress lingo!) I had to take a break and watched Youtube to solve that and once solved, the needle broke! Luckily there were spare needles but with codes so not familiar to me. Again, I had to google for info on it and I decided to call it a day. I only managed to sew 2-3 pieces on the sides and I really hope I could finish the project!

Sunday 05.04.2020
Why did I ever commit to this project! That was my 1st thought when I woke up at 5.30 am. But as soon as I remembered watching Captain Marvel last night about being human with lots error but never give up, I quickly got up and determined to finish the project. And Yeay! I officially completed it at 12.00 noon. Alhamdulillah!

Lesson learned about sewing
The sewing machine is not at fault. It functions OK, it is just me that need to know how to go about if issues crop up...

  1. When threading the bobbin, lock the needle.
  2. The thread tension may be affected so adjust on the tension of top thread, as well as the tension of the bobbin thread (I need to hook the bobbin thread on the side).
  3. Needle size depends on the cloth that I'm sewing. The thicker the fabric, the higher the number
  4. To adjust the top thread if it's loose, go for lower numbers.
  5. Always google. The information is very useful
  6. Never give up and be patience. It will be worth in the end



No comments:

Post a Comment