Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chicken pie & frozen puff pastry

 
Made this when my husband went to PD for a workshop for 3 days early October. It was on a Sunday so I was trying to entertain the kids when their father was away.
 
Bought the frozen puff pastry from Yummie Bakery about RM12. I've been wanting to try and use the frozen pastry as it would make life easier whenever I want to bake a pie. I do have a good recipe for pie crust but I just want to give this a try.
 
The frozen pastry
 
Frying the chicken and celery.

Later add carrots, potatoes, cream or milk and season to taste.

I think this is a medium size cupcake casing used to line the pie
I fully utilized the pastry i.e. I rolled any remnants without leaving anything to waste. The kids helped out with the filling and trimmings. I learnt that you can't really reuse or roll the pastry again because the pastry will shrink when baked. Thus the pastry is to be used as is.

Jasmin is sealing the pie using a fork.

3 bigger size pies decorated by me.


The pies already out of the oven.



It browned but the base was not really crisp and looked like undercooked.

The lattice deco once baked.

Looks yummy!
Will need to improve on the filling and to add mushroom in the recipe. The downside of the frozen pastry is I find it salty. Hope I will not give up to master the dish!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment