Saturday, September 6, 2014

Jasmin's development Friday 5 Sept

She was very good on Friday! The usual independent Jasmin! Alhamdulillah!
She walked by herself to the bathroom. She did everything by herself, the usual her when she is OK.
I asked my husband (Whatsapp) what did he say to her. Still haven't got the answer till now.

However, came home late evening and my helper informed me Jasmin was throwing things just because she was hungry. She didn't answered when asked, she just started to throw a tantrum.

She has been refusing school for 7 days with 2 days she was forced to go although she was late, Another 5 days she was absent for genuine medical reason. Total 12 days in August.

Develop her cognitive behaviour

I am thinking to send Jasmin to a course where it will teach techniques to activate mid brain which connects left & right brain. Why? Because I've done some readings about school refusal and Jasmin's symptoms shows more towards 'social anxiety'. She complains about not having friends, she's quiet in class, she has been behaving this way since the long Raya break end of July (exhibits school refusal   when has not been in school for a long time) and she just doesn't want to speak up when I ask.

I'm supposed to provide emotional support for her but at the same time allow Jasmin to develop positive cognitive behaviour on her own, I'm making assumption that by attending this course, Jasmin will start to use her right brain which functions for EQ (Emotional Intelligence). I'm using the word cognitive behaviour loosely so I shall read more on the topic cognition.

The course was suggested by my colleague who has sent her 6 year old to a 1 1/2 course. She said her daughter has shown tremendous improvement in Maths and speech. She has started to ask a lot and express her feelings.

For the sake of my love for Jasmin, I shall give it a go....

No comments:

Post a Comment