Sunday, September 7, 2014

Shirataki noodles

This is a must have if you want to as if eating real food minus the calories. My husband order cartons of these when he was on his quest to lose weight last year.

I'm not a fussy eater so I don't need to force myself to like it. To me it's just another type of noodles and the best part, it's low in carb!

You can find more about the noodles here but for now, see how I prepare and cook the noodles....

The packaging. The noodles is preserved in a liquid.

Other ingredients: tuna, soy sauce, oyster sause, mushroom, charred pepper
Cut veggies into cubes except enoki mushroom.

Soak in water before cooking to get rid of the fishy smell. Rinse well

The best way to cook shirataki noodles is by using Asian noodle recipes. Staple ingredients are soy sauce, oyster sauce, chillies, garlic and red onions. then use your imagination!

I added spring onions, a common ingredient in chinese cooking.



To me that looks yummy! I can take that and knowing it is low in carb, I can have seconds without feeling guilty!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband ordered from a company in Johor. Some info from Low Yat forum https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2572057/all

      Delete
  2. Sis..does it really works with this noodle? I mean did he lose weight? Am planni g to buy in a bulk too of it works...thanks

    ReplyDelete