Thursday, March 12, 2015

3 days before travelling_Itinerary and all

14 days checklist
Has completed most of the 14 days checklist:


Itinerary
Our planned itinerary is as follows.

Deciding what and when
  1. For Tokyo, I need to check with certain attractions as some are closed on Monday thus I choose to visit the Fire Museum on Tuesday.
  2. You might get the chance to visit certain attractions such as museums, parks or zoos for free when they celebrate their anniversaries. Lucky us, Ueno Zoo Park celebrates its anniversary on 20 March, thus the plan to go there on Friday (saving of RM20)
  3. Miraikan, The Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation give kids free admission on Saturday, so take advantage of that! (saving of RM68)
  4. For Hakone and Disneyland, my decision will be based on the weather and crowd.

Other options
  • Hakone_depending on the weather to make it worth a visit
  • Skytree
  • Mitsui Outlet Park in Makuhari
  • parks & temples
  • sightseeing tour bus

Disneyland and its crowd
Meg, the host of our accommodation doesn't recommend to go to Disneyland at the moment as it will be packed! There's a useful crowd calendar that you can check out http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland?lang=en.
Meg also commented on our itinerary and suggested other places we might want to consider....

Though, I'm not sure when we will get the chance to go to Disneyland again and next time will be different because this moment won't be the same as when the kids are grown up.


Weather
Factors that may affect this itinerary is Tokyo's weather. I refer to AccuWeather.
Although it shows occasional rain during our stay there, today's forecast looks far better than 2 weeks ago. Previously all were grey clouds and no sign of the orange sun....



I need to bear in mind too, that I need to keep my options open since this is my first time traveling with kids to a cold place. My journey obviously will be dictated by their mood and cooperation!

No comments:

Post a Comment