Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Save for LV bag

This is how I felt after my trip to Japan, about getting an LV bag for myself.

Looking around in the subway, Japanese people seemed very properly dressed. Common colours were black and brown, probably because of the coats and they were going to work. Most of the ladies carried branded handbags, or at least interesting, quality unknown brand handbags. I found an article that agrees with my observation, point #7 and #8 http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/08/24/the-top-9-things-that-surprise-foreigners-the-most-about-japan/

However, there was a feeling of 'of course they deserve to indulge' in me when I was comparing to my own desire to own branded bags. Maybe because to my eyes, branded goods seem to fit perfectly with their well manicured dressing. They deserve good stuff because they take care of themselves. As written here Japanese aesthetics , Japanese appreciate taste and beauty and it has be the norm or their habit long time ago.

Worth of an LV to me?
Well, my point is I need to ask myself why do I need to save for a LV bag? Why not any other bag which may cost lower or higher? It came to my senses that if I need to save for a bag, I must not be able to afford it under normal spending. What is the worth of an LV bag to me? Why LV? I've been asking the questions before this but ended up writing it as one of my Wish List.

The observation from the Japanese has finally bud some sense in me which I finally accept. I want an LV just because of the name. Because it is still a symbol of status in Malaysia. If you own an LV, you have lots of money. But an LV in Japan is 'nothing' as in anyone can own an LV. I felt as if Japanese own an LV because of it's quality, not because of the status it symbolizes, which is not the same feeling I get in Malaysia.

I have nothing against LV, I have nothing against people owning LV. I have just shifted my indulgence in something else. I will cross LV bag from my wishlist but will never know I might put it up there again.... Once I decided to own an LV because of its quality......



No comments:

Post a Comment